Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Fun with Bunting!


Hi there, its Sascha from FabScraps HQ. On the behalf of FabScraps Team I would like to wish you a Happy New Year! Now that the silly season is over, the impromptu backyard barbeques and parties begin! A quick, fun and cheap way to dress up your backyard is with some paper bunting. There are all sorts of shapes you can make your bunting flags, but today I have gone with the traditional triangles. I made over 2 metres of bunting with 3 sheets of 12x12 paper from the FabScraps Summer Collection, X-Press It 6mm Double Sided Tape and twine.

 
1.   Make yourself a template. It makes dividing your page up much easier. I got 6 even Triangles out of each piece of paper. I placed the template on the page and marked the lines I needed to cut.

2.   Cut the triangles out with a knife or scissors.

3.   Place a strip of X-Press It double Sided Tape along the top, on the reverse side of each triangle.

4.   Gently score a fold line next to your tape; this will make your bunting much neater.

5.   Remove the tape backing and lay the twine next to the tape. Fold the paper over along your score line.

6.   Press the tape down firmly. I used the back of a pen to force the paper to fold and stick. Repeat with each flag, alternating the colours. I left 3-4cm between each flag.

Voila! Instant party decorations! Have you made your own bunting before? We would love to see your creations. Thanks for stopping by!



Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Lovely job with the Bunting, I love how the string is so neatly hidden thanks to your adhesive technique!!

    ReplyDelete