Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Its Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas....

Hello everyone,
Tarrah here with you today to show you how I created a festive layout using the gorgeous FabScraps Christmas range and also using the beautiful FabScraps Christmas Chipboard pieces.

Products Used: FabScraps Christmas Chipboard 'Reindeer' and 'Merry' word
                        FabScraps Christmas 'Bells and Whistles' Paper
                        FabScraps Christmas 'Victorian Angels' Paper
                        FabScraps Christmas 'Little Children' Paper
                        FabScraps Christmas 'Santa's Little Helper' Paper
                        FabScraps Pearls and Brads
                        X-Press It Clear Gel
                        X-Press It 6MM Double Sided Tape
                        X-Press It Glue Marker
                                     

I started by trimming my papers to size and placing them where I wanted them. I also used some tape as well.

I used a scallop punch for the edges of the 'Santa's Little Helper' paper..

I wanted a nice shiny finish on my chipboard pieces so I chose a metallic gold colour and you will see in the finished layout that it goes well with the Santa throne in my photo.

I used a brown ink to colour him and then used a red pearl for his nose..

The chipboard nice and dry now...

I adhered some FabScraps pearls on to my layout with the fabulous X-Press It Glue Marker

I matted my photo on to black cardstock.....see the gold on the throne? 

Here is my finished layout.....the gold chipboard really sets off my photo of my eldest son when he was just 3 years old sitting on Santa's knee!!!! 

Thanks so much for stopping by the FabScraps blog today, I hope I have inspired you to create something festive!!
I would like to wish all our lovely followers and their families a very Merry Christmas and a safe and happy New Year ahead.
Take care...
Tarrah

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment